Breaking News
  • January 8Grandview PTO is selling Trojan Head Charms for your Crocs! $5 each. See Mrs. Hemminger in the high school office to purchase yours today!
  • October 18Students staying after school for any practice or after school activity must be with the supervisor or person responsible for the event from the end of the school day until the end of the practice/event
Student Newspaper of Derry Area High School

The Station

The Station

The Station

Thank You Derry

I am incredibly grateful for the numerous teachers here at Derry and your dedication to teaching me. You have not only imparted knowledge but also instilled valuable life skills that will accompany me in my future endeavors.

Each teacher at Derry Area High School played an essential role in shaping me. Your unwavering support and encouragement helped me discover my unique talents and strengths. You’ve consistently believed in me and demonstrated how to do the same for myself. My success at this level would not have been possible without your guidance and instructions.

I am particularly thankful to my science and English teachers. You not only facilitated my academic excellence but also fostered an environment that encouraged exploration and questioning of new ideas. Through your teaching, I’ve learned to think critically and developed an appreciation for the beauty of language and the wonders of science. Your passion and joy in teaching have inspired me to pursue my dreams wholeheartedly.

I also want to express my sincere gratitude to the janitors and maintenance workers. I appreciate their dedication in ensuring a conducive learning environment. Witnessing these unsung heroes working hard to keep the school clean, safe, and accessible has not gone unnoticed. They are the backbone of our learning community.

As I embark on the next chapter of my life, I carry with me the skills you’ve imparted, the memories of cherished relationships and friendships, and the exceptional educational experience from Derry Area High School. Your hard work has transformed me into the person I am today. I will always be indebted to you for the lessons both in and out of the classroom. You’ve taught me to be confident, strive for excellence, and pursue my passion unashamedly.

Once again, thank you, Derry Area High School teachers, for your dedication, generosity, and guidance that have molded me into a capable and responsible member of society.

Sincerely,

Sam