Breaking News
  • January 8Grandview PTO is selling Trojan Head Charms for your Crocs! $5 each. See Mrs. Hemminger in the high school office to purchase yours today!
  • October 18Students staying after school for any practice or after school activity must be with the supervisor or person responsible for the event from the end of the school day until the end of the practice/event
Student Newspaper of Derry Area High School

The Station

The Station

The Station

Defying the Odds

Derry Trojans’ Spectacular Season Turnaround

In a spectacular twist of fate, the Derry Area Trojans have experienced a remarkable season, turning around their fortunes from a daunting losing streak of twenty games to a respectable 4-5 record. This triumphant shift in performance can be attributed to their enhanced team chemistry and a newfound dedication to hard work.

Last Friday’s victory against Burrell was the catalyst for Derry’s playoff-bound journey, with their current record of 4-5 securing their postseason berth. 

For a team that had endured three winless seasons, this transformation is nothing short of astonishing.

“It’s a wild turnaround, especially considering our recent struggles,” said quarterback Mason Beeman. “I’ve never experienced high school playoffs, and I’m thrilled to see how far we can go, especially in my last year of high school football.”

The Trojans have shown incredible promise, and there’s reason to believe their success will persist. The key lies in their unwavering commitment to hard work and improvement during practice. 

With the emergence of talented incoming freshmen and dedicated current freshmen players, the team is poised for continued success in the years to come.

Outside linebacker Max Doherty emphasized the collective effort, stating, “This year’s freshmen have made a substantial impact on the team, pushing themselves and their teammates to improve,” said outside linebacker Max Doherty. “Whether on the field on Fridays or in the grind of scout team practice, our shared goal is to enhance the team’s performance.”

“It’s not just the freshmen; the entire team’s dedication to making each other better is commendable.”