Breaking News
  • January 8Grandview PTO is selling Trojan Head Charms for your Crocs! $5 each. See Mrs. Hemminger in the high school office to purchase yours today!
  • October 18Students staying after school for any practice or after school activity must be with the supervisor or person responsible for the event from the end of the school day until the end of the practice/event
Student Newspaper of Derry Area High School

The Station

The Station

The Station

Beyond the Lightning Thief

A Retrospective on Percy Jackson
Beyond the Lightning Thief

Anticipation is building as the Percy Jackson TV series prepares to grace Disney Plus, inviting fans to embark on a nostalgic journey through the captivating saga. Crafted by the imaginative mind of Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson and the Olympians serve as more than just a series—it’s a literary gateway, introducing readers to the magic of storytelling while demystifying the intricacies of Greek mythology in a digestible manner.

A pivotal aspect of the series lies in its representation of a main character grappling with ADHD/Dyslexia, marking a groundbreaking moment in children’s literature. This open acknowledgment of such conditions adds a layer of relatability and inclusivity, fostering a sense of connection for readers navigating similar challenges. Personally, Percy Jackson emerged as a literary luminary in my journey, overshadowing even the once-beloved Harry Potter series and guiding my young mind into uncharted literary territories.

Transitioning from the wizarding world of Harry Potter, Percy Jackson expanded my literary horizons, offering a fresh universe teeming with mythical creatures, divine intrigue, and heroic quests. Each character within the series is meticulously crafted, embarking on unique journeys that contribute to the rich tapestry of the narrative. These individual arcs serve as windows into their growth, allowing readers to witness the evolution of well-defined personalities and quirks that breathe life into the pages.

Venturing beyond the confines of the original series, the Percy Jackson universe unfolds into two additional book series, beckoning readers to plunge deeper into its rich tapestry of lore. The exploration of these subsequent narratives expands the scope of the universe, revealing new facets of mythology and introducing a host of compelling characters.

This retrospective serves as a mere glimpse into the enchanting world of Percy Jackson, aiming to kindle the curiosity of those who have yet to embark on this literary odyssey. Whether you’re a seasoned fan or a newcomer, the series promises not only an adventure through mythical realms but also an enduring appreciation for the magic of storytelling.