Breaking News
  • January 8Grandview PTO is selling Trojan Head Charms for your Crocs! $5 each. See Mrs. Hemminger in the high school office to purchase yours today!
  • October 18Students staying after school for any practice or after school activity must be with the supervisor or person responsible for the event from the end of the school day until the end of the practice/event
Student Newspaper of Derry Area High School

The Station

The Station

The Station

The Purrfect Crime

Get Ready to Unravel “The Purrfect Crime” at the All-Class Play This Weekend!

Mark your calendars because the highly anticipated all-class play, “The Purrfect Crime” by Todd Wallinger, is hitting the stage this weekend in the Auditorium. This engaging production promises a hilarious and intriguing plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

The story revolves around a family of three children who find themselves in a bizarre situation after their father’s passing. To their shock, their father bequeaths his million-dollar inheritance to his feline companion! Now, these cunning siblings must hatch a scheme to outwit the cunning cat and reclaim their fortune.

The decision to stage “The Purrfect Crime” was carefully made by Ms. Croll, who considered various play options over the past year, including a historical look at dating and a collection of enchanting Ukrainian fairy tales. However, the ultimate choice fell on this quirky and entertaining production.

“I did have a few other options that I looked at this year, maybe we will do one of those in the future,” Ms. Croll mentioned, leaving the door open for future exciting productions.

The audition process was no walk in the park, with a plethora of talented students vying for roles in this offbeat play. From Digby, the quick-witted butler, to Annie, the yoga enthusiast struggling to find inner peace, the casting brought together a diverse and wacky ensemble of characters.

A total of 15 students showcased their talents during auditions, making the selection process a challenging one.

Ms. Croll, brimming with excitement, looks forward to this year’s production, believing it will surpass the previous year’s success with “Whole Latte Love.” She has unwavering confidence in the students’ abilities and their potential to shine through their performances.

“Every show is a new experience. I am looking forward to working with a great group of students once again this year,” she exclaimed, setting the stage for what promises to be an unforgettable performance.

Don’t miss out on this weekend’s “The Purrfect Crime” – a theatrical adventure you won’t want to miss!